On the occasion of the European Heritage Day and World Tourism Day from Friday 26th September 2014 to Sunday 28th September 2014, the Acropolis Museum will present the famous bust of Aristotle, discovered in 2005 during excavations of its site. Visitors will have the opportunity to participate in presentations-discussions about figures from the past at the Acropolis Museum. Original representations, ancient written sources and rich visual material will introduce visitors to both unknown and famous existing figures of antiquity. Along with the Archaeologist-Hosts they will discover the meaning of the portrait and will uncover distant but also more plausible efforts to represent specific figures from the archaic period till late antiquity.
On these days weekly Gallery Talks about the Museum masterpieces and the colors of the archaic statues will be held as usual.
GALLERY TALKS – PROGRAM:
Masterpieces in the Acropolis Museum
- Friday 26th September 6p.m. in English and 8 p.m. in Greek
- Sunday 28th September 12:30 p.m. in Greek and 1:30 p.m. in English & French
Individuals of the past in the Acropolis Museum
- Saturday 27th September 5 p.m. & 7 p.m. in Greek and 6 p.m. in English
- Sunday 28th September 5 p.m. & 7 p.m in Greek and 6 p.m. in English
- Friday 26th September 11 a.m. in English & French and 12 p.m. in Greek
N.B. Participation is limited to 30 visitors per session on a first-served basis. For registration details, please refer to the Museum Information Desk.
On Friday 26th September admission to the Museum will be free for visitors between 6 p.m. and 10 p.m. On Saturday 27th September and on Sunday 28 September admission to the Museum will be free for visitors between 5 p.m. and 8 p.m.